Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Emptying the Ma-ind

It was the traumatic period of last month of the semester. Assignments, presentations and projects have been postponed for this month. I was not sure of how much better I could be able to cope up and do everything well, very similar to the previous semesters. "Can I think of anything else at the moment?"

One day when last exam of the semester got over, I sat on the ground in veranda in front of my room swinging my legs below the plinth. I felt quite different at the same place where I had stayed for long. I saw the trees around and leaves flattering in joy. The breeze humming. I looked up in the sky. It was long since I have seen the blue clear sky. I made up my ecstatic mind which was estranged for long to see the stars that night.

Distinguished Prof. Dr. Devdas Menon usually talk about emptying our mind. By this he means forgetting everything of the world and look at the sight before you as a gift. "We are usually so much occupied and concerned by pressures created by us which blame to be imposed by the world. We are receiving certain demands. We do everything but cry. There is another way of doing these. Get at least few seconds for yourself and forget everything. You have the privilage of living in such a wonderful campus. I have travelled across places and have never found such a beautiful campus. Look at the nature which is graciously and fervently calling you for your mere attention. Listen the voice of the birds creating non rythemic music. Then come back to your work and feel the differnce in your productivity. The letter you write would seem to be much different."

"We have got tremendous capacity for everything but we fail to utilize it. There is a fixed demand from us. If you enhance your capacity (to carry stress or loads), DCR(demand to capacity ratio) would be neglegible and you will be able to deal with any situation by not even using your single hand. This is the purpose of the education not the book learning."

Med-it-tation (med-it-stable) seeks the same idea of achieving thoughtless state of mind for mental heeling of stressed mind.

1 comment:

  1. now i've emptied my mind and enjoyed the curvaceous letter of alphabet which are nothing but still contains lots of meaning....nice one.

    ReplyDelete